Skip to content
- Sleeping in and relaxing under the covers with husby.
- The fact that my coffee tasted better today, thanks to running vinegar through the coffee maker yesterday.
- Watching my husband take dominion of our yard all afternoon.
- The smell of freshly cut grass.
- Talking to my mom on the phone.
- Taking dominion of my home, as well as my body and mind and heart.
- Planting herbs, and watering the flowers I planted yesterday.
- Gabriel, when he dumped the watering can over onto himself & was scared out of wits because he was suddenly sopping wet.
- Gabriel, because he has been living in just a diaper along with socks & shoes ever since that incident – he did not want more clothes on.
- Weather warm enough to actually have the screen door open today.
- Baking, baking, baking! Blackberry bars, chocolate bundt cake, and stromboli.
- New recipes: a pork chop & sweet potatoes dish from last night, and stromboli for tonight.
- My dad, driving up in my brother’s beat-up old truck with a bed full of sheep manure.
- Watching my father and husband haul barrow after barrow of manure back to my eagerly awaiting garden plot.
- The bulbs Steven planted for me last year: the daffodils and hyacinths are gorgeously blooming, and the tulips look about ready to burst into bloom, too.
- Reading bits from: The Loveliness of Christ, Toward Jerusalem, One Year book of Hope, and Womanly Dominion.
- Sunshine and a cool breeze.
- Anticipating having some old friends from college over tonight for dessert.
- Playing piano & harp, and singing; preparing for worship tomorrow.
- Anticipating having family over for dinner tomorrow after church.
- Dilly, curled up on my legs while sitting here on the floor with my laptop.
- Remembering that God is faithful, and that I am His daughter. And His wife. 🙂
5 Replies to “Saturday April 17, 2010”
Aww, this made me smile!
I had to laugh at the sheep manure part; we just did our barn (goat/cow) and hauled it out to the garden by wheelbarrows. I actually enjoy doing it because of the end result ;)The flowers are starting to take off here now; Pink Hyacinths and Daffodils! And the fruit trees are starting to bloom too. (We are hoping for no more snow…)Ah, sweet Gabriel; I love babies that just run around in their diapers 😉
Thank you for the encouragement today; I needed the reminder to count my blessings and the good things in life. Been feeling a little down this past week and focusing on troubles instead of the Lord and His goodness. So thanks! 🙂
@yourfriendjc – i added pictures to help aid the imagination. 🙂 big hugs!!
@joyfuldomesticity – Oh, I love the pics! They all say “SPRING” to me 🙂 And spring is my favorite season; reminds me of new life and all that symbolizes. Your flowers are gorgeous!
Your flowers are so pretty and I love the photo of Gabriel standing on the porch with the way the lighting is too.
Yay for gardens!The daffodils seem to be even more brilliant yellow this year where ever I go!Love ya!
You are such a baker!! Yum, yum, yummy!Your garden is going to be spectacular, too.