God is good to give us tangible love through His body while He holds our chins up above the rising waters:
- flowers, including enough peruvian lilies to fill three vases ~ and the card wasn’t even signed! (although I have an inkling…)
- the candlelight prayer vigil.
- a gift bag from families at church, filled with edible goodies, kind notes, sweet candles, a cozy blanket, a gift card, Gideon Bibles placed in Hosanna’s honor, etc.
- roses and palm branches (palm for Hosanna) arriving on our doorstep.
- meals, because while I don’t even really feel like eating, we have to.
- a book (again, I don’t even know who sent it) on suffering and pain in the Christian life.
- cards, emails, messages ~ reminding us that the saints continue to uphold us in prayer.
Thank You, God for comforting us and for giving us people who are willing to be Your arms, Your feet, Your hands, Your shoulders. We need You. And we need Your people, Your body.