Yes, I guess it has been longer since I’ve posted than I thought…
So, here are current random thoughts & updates.
- we are expecting A NIECE & A NEPHEW in just a couple more months! Ashley and the babies are all doing really well. Here’s a pic — aren’t they beautiful?? Love them. Plus, this pic cracks me up.
- it’s a superbly exciting time of year for our family as we celebrate the season of Advent and soon Christmas! It makes for a super busy me… since we are trying to go as homemade as possible. So there has been less interneting (new verb for me) and more crafting. And since I can’t post pics of gifts, you get no proof of the pudding. Poor you.
- the teaching semester is about to end, so I am looking forward to having a few weeks off from music lessons. I love the kids I teach this year, but it will be nice to have a bit of a break. I’ve been doing piano, harp, & choir a lot in church lately… and am doing all the music at our Christmas Eve service… so yeah, lots of music going on ’round here!
- Gabriel is continuing to grow up so much. At 6 1/2 months he is just over 17 pounds (so okay, maybe the turkey was a little too big…), and 27 inches tall. He hates being on his tummy so there is so inclination to crawl whatsoever. I’m totally okay with that. 🙂 He does love to walk though! He will stand up “on his own” if his back is against the couch, or my knee, or something. And if you hold his hands, he tries to walk around the house. It’s super cute. His favorite things are: baths, cuddling with Grandmama, Baby Bach on the computer, playing with my silicone basting brush, his blankie, playing peek-a-boo, and riding around on my back. We are more in love with this little boy every day. Praise God for this gift!
- I’ve realized that my “occupation” (homemaking + mommyhood) is so vast. That might be obvious, but hey — I take a while to catch on sometimes. Also, I’ve concluded that it is simultaneously the most glorious & the most humbling thing I have ever done.
- the Lord continues to be my strength for both the big and the small. And I am seeking daily to lean on HIS understanding and toss away my own understanding. This is a never-ending endeavor, but God has been so gracious recently in teaching me. I am thankful.
- Steven was hired into a new position and while ago (I think I already wrote a post about that, but I continue to be SO PROUD of him, his diligence, and his hard work!!) and is doing really well. We passed our 18-month-iversary recently, and feel more in love all the time. I used to laugh when people said “it just gets better with time” — but that was before I was married. Now I know the cliche is true. I love this man. And happy birthday to him, too — we just celebrated his 26th!
- we are hooked on a new dvd series — 24. Wow, I am so addicted. I check the mail far too often, waiting for the next disc to arrive. haha.
- I am gearing up to make Christmas cookies — sugar cookies, gingersnaps, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate thumbprints… am I missing any family favorites??
Blessings upon you. Thanks for checking in on us. We are a busy family. A thankful family. A so-in-love family. We praise God for all of this! Happy Advent !
One Reply to “Thursday December 11, 2008”
Aww, aren’t they cute together!! 🙂
I’m so happy for them and what fun to be getting a niece AND a nephew.
I hope her pregnancy continues to go well and the babies are both healthy. I’ll be looking forward to hearing of their arrival around April.
Gabriel is sooo cute; standing up like that. Do you think he’ll skip crawling for the most
part and go on to walking?
Congrats to Steven on his new position; God is good! and Happy belated 26th
birthday to him. Sorry it’s taken me so long to comment here… been thinking about it
but no time as of late. Yep, we’re a busy family too 🙂
Blessings to you all!