I don’t usually do these…. but…. I was tagged & don’t feel like posting what I have been struggling with (challenged with & encouraged by…) at the moment. So here it is. My tag, courtesy of Holly. 🙂
Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Our Dilly-dog is a family member (to a certain degree).
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
I think everyone knows my answer to this: be able to have children.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Hah! Pay lots of taxes, probably. Build our new house exactly the way we’d love it. Afford medical treatments (or adoption, if the Lord called us to that) for a few babies. Buy this great little brick schoolhouse in our future hometown and start a homeschool coop there. Save save save (because my husband & I are both compulsive savers).
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Music, tea, Yankee candles, chatting with someone I love, being silly with my Gabriel, a neck rub from my husby, praying.
5. What is your bedtime routine, with your kid(s) if you have any?
Around 8 we wind things down, go potty one last time, brush teeth, get in jammies, sit on the couch as a family to “read & sing” (read Scripture, read a prayer from the Valley Of Vision, singing from Cantus Christi, and pray as a family), then one of us (usually Mommy, occasionally Daddy) rocks with Gabriel in his room and reads a few books (his current favorite is Blueberries For Sal – he can recite the entire thing), sings a couple songs, prays with him & for him, gives him a blessing (Numbers 6:24-26), tucks him in, and says goodnight. This is usually finished before 9.
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other?
Sovereign Grace Singles online. Whee! The Lord does some magnificent things sometimes. 🙂
7. What kind of books do you read?
I always have a few practical Christian books going at once, and very occasionally read some fiction. I used to love L.M. Montgomery the most, and Dorothy Sayers, and lots more. Right now I am reading Streams In The Desert (my daily devotional), Prayers Of An Excellent Wife (as a springboard to hold me accountable to pray specifically for my husband, and also for our son), When I Don’t Desire God (for the ladies’ study at church), One Thousand Gifts, Place Of Healing, and Brave New Family. Yep, I have a bunch going at once. 😉
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Through impossible glasses.
9. What’s your fear?
I am striving to fear the Lord and nothing beyond Him.
This is, of course, an incredible work in progress.
But as such, I don’t want to delve into my other fears.
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
I don’t really like junk food (unless french fries count!), but I also don’t have a real desire to see outer space. So I guess not.
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Literally, the first thing? Take meds.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
The only thing that has ever disappointed me about him was that when I first heard his voice on the phone he didn’t have an accent ~ he lived in North Carolina and had just spent a year studying in Scotland, thus the disappointment ~ so I would give him an accent. 😀
I honestly wouldn’t change a thing. He isn’t perfect, but he is perfectly designed for me.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I would love to have been named after my grandmas. Carily would do it. But I like my name, so I wouldn’t, even if I could.
14. If you had to choose where you would live would you rather live in the east coast or the west coast?
I wouldn’t want to live in either coast! I don’t like swimming in oceans!
But, I’m a west coast girl forever.
15. If you had to give up one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Caffeine. Oh wait, been off of that for 2 years already…
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Being able to witness and share my heart with people; being vulnerable and honest even when going through the dark valleys of life, and sharing Christ through that experience.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
18. What items are in your purse right now?
Wallet, cell phone, lip gloss, hand lotion, antibacterial wipes, keys, and a packet of tylenol.
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
20. What do you watch on television?
We don’t have television, but we stream things online. Bones is our current favorite.
Nobody particular 🙂 If you want to be tagged, consider yourself tagged!